Adobe Game Jam
Are you into developing games? Do you want to show off your game coding skills, have fun, and win some cool prizes? Join us at an Adobe Game Jam. You'll meet like-minded people and learn more about game design and development using Adobe Flash technologies.
Dates and Locations
Past Game Jams
- Adobe Game Jam, Mar 8-9 in New York, NY
- Adobe Game Jam, Feb 15-16 in Hamburg, Germany
- Adobe Game Jam, Dec. 5-6 in Rishon Lezion, Israel
- Adobe Game Jam, Nov. 30 - Dec. 1 in Chicago, IL. Watch the video
- GameHack, November 17 in Birmingham, UK
- Adobe Game Jam, November 3 in Pune, India
- Adobe Game Jam, October 19-20 in San Francisco, CA. Watch the video
- Chicago Game Jam, September 28-30 in Chicago, IL
- Adobe Game Jam, September 22 in Cambridge, MA
- OrcaJam, August 24-26 in Victoria, BC
- Gamelab Development Hackathon, June 28-29 in Barcelona, Spain
- For single participants – one 12-month subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud
- For teams – one 12-month subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud for each member of the team
* Prizes may vary by location
Participants will vote for winners in each of the following categories:
- Game concept and design
- The game must be built using ActionScript 3 targeting Flash Player in a desktop browser or Adobe AIR on a mobile device or desktop computer.
- The game can be in 2D or 3D but must use Stage3D, Adobe’s fully hardware-accelerated architecture for Flash Player and Adobe AIR
- You may use assets, code, and other content created prior to the game jam but every game developed during the jam must be based upon the jam's theme which will be emailed to all registered participants three days before the Game Jam.
- You can work alone or as part of a team. Each team is limited to a maximum number of five members.
- You must present the game at 6:00 PM on Saturday. You can present either a working prototype or finished game.
- You will need to bring your own equipment (laptop and/or devices ) to build and demo the game. (There will be limited set of devices available on-site for testing and presenting your game)
- You should be somewhat familiar with programming in ActionScript 3, and using Flash Professional, Flash Builder, or any other ActionScript 3 IDE.
- To save time, we recommend installing Flash Builder 4.7 beta (free download), Flash Professional CS6 (free 30-day trial available), or the ActionScript 3 IDE of your choice on your laptop before the Game Jame begins.
- Wi-Fi will be provided
- Limited to 50 participants
Bonus points for
- Showing both iOS and Android AIR builds during the presentation
- Using audio/music
- Having optimized graphics
- Motivation to finish the game and distribute via the appropriate market (iTunes, Google Play, Kongregate, etc.)
- You will have 5 minutes to present
- Show your finished game or a working prototype
- Talk about the concept, game design, technology, graphics, and other significant aspects of the game
- No slides needed, just show and talk about the game
The Stage 3D APIs in Flash Player and Adobe AIR offer a fully hardware-accelerated architecture that brings high-impact visuals to desktop browsers and iOS and Android devices and enables advanced 2D and 3D capabilities.To quickly leverage the power of Stage3D hardware acceleration, you may pick from one of the many frameworks optimized for 2D or 3D. We recommend two open source frameworks funded by Adobe.
However, you can use the Stage3D framework of your choice. Other Stage3D frameworks include: